As a Teach in China participant, you will receive the following:
- Placement as an English teacher in a Chinese university, college
- A comprehensive pre-departure program handbook, including useful
telephone numbers, advice on teaching, and preparation for life
- Access to extensive pre-departure advice through Council Exchanges’
Teach in China website.
- 7-day residential training and orientation course on arrival
in Beijing, covering basic TEFL theory and practice, cultural
orientation, language training and visits to the Great Wall and
- Transportation to your orientation site in Beijing, and from
Beijing to the place where you will be teaching.
- Furnished, private, on-campus accommodation, generally one large
room plus a bathroom, with shared cooking facilities; in some
cases a self-contained apartment.
- Local salary of at least 2200 RMB per month to cover food, travel
and other needs.
- The advice and support of our Beijing office when necessary
during your stay in China.
- Reimbursement of the return portion of your flight home on completion
of a 10 month contract.
Depending on your country of application, the program also includes:
- Visa application (carried out on your behalf in the US and UK,
but not Australia due to local consulate restrictions).
- Council Exchanges insurance (arranged for US/Australian participants;
optional in the UK).
- Group flight (arranged for UK participants; optional in the